Materials Testing Engineer, Blueshift, Spencer, MA
Blueshift is looking for a Materials Testing Engineer. This position is based in Spencer, MA. In this role you will work as part of the Applications & Research team to cultivate a vision for the future of Blueshift's polymer aerogel-based materials. You will thoroughly investigate Blueshift's aerogel-based materials using a number of in-house and external engineering and scientific analytical equipment, and work within a team to contribute to the design, development, and fabrication of commercially relevant products based on Blueshift's advanced porous materials.
- Perform hands-on testing, analysis, and laboratory support for the production of polymer aerogel products and prototypes.
- Expertly operate internal engineering and scientific analytical and testing equipment, as well as external contracted equipment, to thoroughly investigate a material performance.
- As part of the product development cycle, at least at least daily interaction with the applications and research team regarding material performance.
- Pro-actively perform maintenance, upkeep, and calibration of engineering and scientific equipment, including coordinating with internal team members and external contractors.
- Store and catalog data in a well-organized manner.
- Understand and expertly perform data analysis to support product development.
- Perform chemical analyses of polymer materials, polymer intermediates, monomers, solvents, reagents, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
- B.S. degree in Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar scientific discipline.
- Seeking candidates with a minimum of 2 years of experience with hands-on polymer materials analytical experience.
Experience with testing equipment desired
- Mechanical testing of films and peel testing of adhesives via universal mechanical testing (Instron) and dynamic mechanical analysis (DMA)
- Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), thermogravimetric analysis (TGA)
- Pore size analysis via gas adsorption and mercury intrusion porosimetry
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Blueshift does not anticipate providing employment-related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status).
E-mail resume to: email@example.com