Inspection Fixture Designer, Phillips Precision, Boylston, MA
- Full time, 40+ hours
- Flexible hours
- Medical and Dental plans available.
- 2 weeks of vacation
- 1 week of sick/personal time.
- Competitive pay based on experience.
Phillips Precision is a very modern, inventive, and well respected full-service machine shop in central Mass. We are seeking an experienced inspection fixture designer to support its products division. The company produces an industry-leading set of fixture plates and components in addition to designing custom inspection fixture solutions. Growing sales through distribution requires more fixture design support. ISO9001:2015 registered.
B.E/M.Tech in Mechanical or equivalent experience; working knowledge of current 3D CAD software
- Should have working knowledge of metrology and familiar with CMM and Vision system machines sold by OEMs - Zeiss, Wenzel, Mitutoyo, OGP, Nikon, and others.
- Strong in Machine Design / R&D Design experience
- Strong in tooling/fixture design and concepts.
- Capable of owning the project delivery completely (from concept to release)
- Good knowledge on material selection, Machining and Fabrication process and post processing operations, such as plating.
- Prior experience on a machine shop floor is a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills including the ability to technically describe the designs to co-workers and customers.
- In-depth knowledge of CAD software (If they know solidworks then onshape is not much different, if they use other products make sure they are willing to learn)
- basic experience with supply houses and what they have to offer (McMaster etc.)
- Understanding of how to prepare a design for ease of manufacturing
- Good grasp on how basic mechanical concepts work and interact
- Willingness to work at product related tradeshows.
Complete the employment form: http://phillipsprecision.cc/contact/