Continuous Improvement Engineer, Ahead USA, New Bedford, MA
Ahead USA is a multi-dimensional brand with a proven track record of success distributing headwear, apparel, and accessories to the green grass, resort, and corporate markets.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer is responsible for developing and coordinating process improvement activities for the organization. Additionally, he/she will ensure that existing processes maintain a high level of performance by continuously reviewing areas of possible efficiency gains. This person will play a key role in developing processes and procedures to improve quality, maximize production output, and reduce overall expenses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the change management necessary to implement operational improvements, with a focus on warehouse and production flow.
- Accurately determine which project management methodologies and process improvement strategies are best suited to achieve objectives.
- Support continuous improvement activities throughout the organization.
- Ensures all project outcomes and deliverables are implemented on time, on budget, and within scope.
- Tracks and manages post-project implementation performance monitoring: including control plan audits, savings verifications, and reporting.
- Maintain a high energy level and positive attitude to support continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Participate in team projects to drive change management efforts.
Qualifications / Experience required
- Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering required – or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of continuous improvement programs such as Lean Six Sigma.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in warehouse/distribution environment with WMS deployment.
- Experience in the implementation change management initiatives.
- Knowledgeable in the implementation and application of continuous improvement principles in both operational and transactional environments (e.g., Six Sigma / Lean).
- Comfortable in using advanced statistical tools.
- Able to foster relationships with various teams. Proficient in the use of statistical and drawing software, i.e., Visio, AutoCAD
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary.
- Comfortable interacting with decision makers at all levels in the organization.
- Understanding of and experience with WMS systems.
- Data driven analysis and decision making ability.
- Ability to form and deploy a strategic direction
- Good organizational skills are required.
- Proven project management skills.
- Change agent focused on continuous improvement to achieve positive results.
Email: Tracy Silvia, HR Director at tracy.silvia@AheadHQ.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Ahead, LLC is a socially responsible company and an Equal Opportunity Employer.