Slitter Apprentice, Engineered Materials Solutions, Attleboro, MA
|Position Title: Slitter Apprentice
|Reports to: Manufacturing Supervisor
||Job Code: SLA22
Assists the operator with set up and operation of a slitting machine to slit and/or trim a wide variety of clad and mono-metals to close tolerance. Handle material and package cuts for delivery to next operation.
- Assist in processing material through slitter
- Assists in setups, routine maintenance, and other equipment related operations.
- Learn to identify and correct areas of deficiency prior to the start of slitting, and while running
- Assure thickness, width, burr and surface quality of the material meets the specified requirements
- Accurately and consistently enter required data into computer systems such as Oracle, time systems.
- Read and follow route cards, SOPs and other documents accurately.
- Use hand-held measuring instruments, core cutter, camber bar, other equipment as needed
- Maintain an acceptable level of housekeeping order and cleanliness in the area
- May require use of forktruck and overhead crane and hoist systems
- Wear all required PPE at all times
- Other duties as required
Education and Experience:
- High School or Equivalency Diploma preferred
- Ability to read and understand written instructions in English
- Basic Shop Math
- Ability to use hand held measurement devices
- Experience operating related equipment preferred
- Heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Standing up to 75% of time
- High dust, dirt, grease, chemicals, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
- Exposure to temperatures above 90 degrees -20%
To apply, contact Karen MacKinnon at email@example.com