Manufacturing Engineer, Curtis Industries, West Boylston, MA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Summary: Curtis Industries is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to apply engineering principles and practices and draw solutions from a wide range of experience. Designs, integrates, or improves manufacturing systems or related processes. Provides technical expertise or support related to manufacturing. Incorporates new methods and processes to improve existing operations. Troubleshoots new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes. Reviews product designs for manufacturability and completeness. Trains manufacturing personnel in new or existing methods. Communicates manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes. Designs, installs, or troubleshoots manufacturing equipment. Develops process FMEAs. Supports Research and Development initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
Follow all safety procedures and always work in a safe manner.
- Overseeing and driving design for manufacturability and design to cost across the company
- Facilitate the transfer of new product designs from development to manufacturing through the NPI Process, particularly in the areas of BOM management, documentation package, designing of assembly fixtures
- Developing Process FMEAs
- Developing manufacturing assembly Work Instructions & Checklists
- Participating or leading cross-functional teams through the NPI process (project management)
- Collaborating with Sales and project engineering in pursuit of new business through design, costing and proposal activity.
- Supporting day to day manufacturing of current products through process troubleshooting / failure analysis / corrective actions
- Planning and leading the execution of various cost reduction and Lean activities
- Developing, evaluating, and improving manufacturing methods
- Assisting Purchasing department with supplier selections and qualification
- Coordinating and leading technical aspects of out-sourcing and supplier evaluation
- Develop capital investment analysis and make recommendations for equipment, tooling, and software systems
- Assisting in the development and implementation of quality management strategies and plans
- Supporting the development and maintenance of Quality Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions audits, Bill of Material audits, ECN processing
Education: Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering (industrial or other engineering disciplines considered)
Experience: 5+ years' manufacturing engineering experience in a product design & manufacturing environment. Must have experience with metal fabrication, welding, finishing and assembly processes.
Skills: Problem solver, identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions; Decision maker, considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Strong management and organizational abilities as well as ability to integrate and harmonize diverse functions. Excellent communication…externally (customers) and internally (management, colleagues, sales, operations). Excellent interpersonal skills. Deal effectively at all levels of the company. Self-starter. Motivated, confident and persistent in meeting project goals. Must react effectively to a wide range of situations and issues. High degree of maturity, confidentiality, reason, perspective, flexible.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Work under minimal supervision. Act as lead on some projects and guide junior level engineers and technicians. Interpret and communicate information, ideas and instructions clearly, accurately and persuasively both verbally and in writing including materials intended for distribution; Incorporate new facts and ideas into group processes and apply creative thinking to develop new solutions.
Equipment to be used: Computer, calculator, general office machines.
Salary: $65,000 to $80,000. Bonus eligible.
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, bending and reaching. Lifting occasionally limited to 50 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate equipment. Normal range of vision and hearing.
Mental Demands: Ability to analyze and understand many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the organization. Must be creative and handle diverse issues almost daily. Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, strong attention span, ability to listen and perceive underlying problems and bring issues to successful conclusion.
About Curtis Industries:
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Curtis Industries, LLC is a Leader in quality cab enclosures for Compact Tractors, Golf Cars, and UTV/Powersports Vehicles located in Worcester, Massachusetts.
This exciting opportunity exists in a rapidly growing, vibrant manufacturing company in Worcester, MA. Based on successfully executing on our growth strategy, Curtis Industries LLC is experiencing extraordinary growth in our business of providing cab enclosures, snow control products, and accessories for the tractor, utility vehicle, and golf car markets. We are ISO 9001:2015 certified and looking to stretch beyond the requirements of the standard to use elements of our QMS as a competitive advantage.
EOE/ADA/Drug Free Employer. No phone calls please.