Machinist / CNC Lathe Operator, Engineered Materials Solutions, Attleboro, MA
|Position Title: Machinist/CNC Lathe Operator
|Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Performs maintenance as directed on mechanical, manufacturing equipment. Responsible for the manufacture of fixtures, components and assemblies to precise tolerances as directed by drawings, sketches or verbal instruction.
- Perform basic machine and equipment repair and fabrication of machine parts.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of equipment or facilities problems.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media according to established guidelines and procedures
- Understand machine assemblies
- Interpret mechanical drawings and tolerances
- Use of various measuring instruments.
- Able to build new tooling such as dies, fixtures, and gages
- Operate Lathe and Milling machines with ability to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required
- Work with others on troubleshooting production concerns
- Works from drawings, sketches, models or instructions.
- Will be required to assist maintenance in maintaining and repairing manufacturing equipment in production areas.
- Maintain records and make data entries into computer systems
- Wear all required PPE at all times
- Maintain acceptable level of housekeeping order and cleanliness in area
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Trade School or formal apprenticeship program
- Must be able to read and understand written directions in English
- Understanding of machines assemblies
- Experience working with CNC Milling and Lathe Machines
- 1-2 years related experience
- Prototrack or Mazak conversational experience
- Some heavy lifting and considerable moving of equipment required.
To apply, contact Karen MacKinnon at email@example.com
- High dust, dirt, grease, chemicals, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
- Majority of work will be performed inside in a normal manufacturing environment