Equipment Service Mechanic / Electrician, Engineered Materials Solutions, Attleboro, MA
|Position Title: Equipment Service Mechanic/Electrician
|Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
||Job Code: MEL161
Installs, maintains, & repairs a wide variety of complex metal working equipment in a manufacturing environment. Work with AC/DC motors & drive systems, PLC based machine & process control systems, control centers & panels, relays, circuit breakers, & instrumentation. Act as part of a team responsible for performing regular preventive maintenance on machines and plant facilities.
- Plan, layout, install, and repair a variety of complex electrical equipment including automatic machine and process controls, control centers and panels, relays, circuit breakers, electronic controls, tape actuated controls and other equipment involving tube or transistor circuits.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, detect and replace defective control modules, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines and plant facilities including air compressors, nitrogen lines, and lighting systems.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and materials handling equipment in performing duties.
- Must be capable of building and wiring new offices.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report these and any unusual situations to proper supervision. Use advanced trades mathematics together with complicated drawings and specifications involving thorough technical skill knowledge and application of basic theory.
- Considerable judgment required to plan and perform unusual and difficult work safely where only general methods are available.
- Able to make decisions involving considerable initiative and ingenuity.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Education and Experience:
- High School or Technical School education
- Must hold State of Massachusetts license (E1 or E2)
- Some heavy lifting and considerable moving of equipment required.
- Will be required to climb ladders, work on roofs and small areas.
To apply, contact Karen MacKinnon at firstname.lastname@example.org
- High dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.