Plant Manager, Hutchinson Aerospace and Industry, Hopkinton, MA
Hutchinson Aerospace and Industry, HIUS, formerly known as Barry Controls Defense and Industrial, an industry leader in the design and manufacture of engineered solutions for the control of shock and vibration has an exciting opportunity for aPlant Manager forour Hopkinton, MA facility.
Hutchinson Aerospace and Industry, HIUS, formerly known as Barry Controls Defense and Industrial, is an industry leader in the design and manufacture of engineered solutions for the control of shock and vibration. HIUS is a unit of Hutchinson Worldwide, a market leader in the industrial rubber sector and a subsidiary of TOTAL - one of the top five largest oil and gas companies in the world with operations in more than 130 countries. Our diverse and dynamic environment emphasizes both personal and professional growth. We owe our success to our employees who combine their strong technical abilities with business development skills for an exciting and rewarding future. ISO 9001 & 14001 / AS9100 / TS 16949 More information is available on the Internet at www.hutchinsonai.com, www.hutchinsonworldwide.com, www.total.com
As the Plant Manager for the facility, you will direct and coordinate activities of a respective company operation/plant to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits. In this key position you will be responsible for all functions and activities at this manufacturing plant as well as performance of all department functions including the day to day interface with purchasing, materials, quality, customer service, manufacturing and engineering. The successful candidate will be passionate about the work and business, will be tenacious and persistent, demonstrate a legitimate sense of urgency, and will accept responsibility for and consistently deliver high performance results.
- Ensure a safe work environment and promote a culture of safety awareness at all times.
- Drive manufacturing excellence in the areas of safety, cost, quality and delivery. Facility-wide responsibility for all traditional plant operating functions and facility management.
- Manage the production team and ensure schedule conformance to produce on time, meeting quality standards in the most cost efficient and effective manner possible. Ensure an efficient flow of materials in the plant and in a lean organization.
- Manage the industrialization / process teams and improve the organization of process development in the introduction of new products. Support troubleshooting concerning rubber molding and rubber/metal bonding. Support the improvement of the process to reach better cost efficiency and better quality.
- Manage the maintenance and facilities team to ensure an optimal availability of the production means and reduce the maintenance costs. Develop preventive maintenance, and predictive maintenance on the key equipment. Ensure safe working of all equipment and facilities, and environment protection.
- Manager the Supply Chain Materials Planning and Scheduling functions in a way that optimizes flow to improve interdependencies of each link within the supply chain.
- Prepare, manage and execute annual operating and capital expense budgets.
- Spearhead world-class Lean initiatives including 5S, TPM, Error-Proofing, Poke-Yoke, Visual systems, etc.
- Assure continued good labor/management relations, communications and development of team.
- Manage the process to ensure conformity of the products at all stages of manufacturing. Assume other activities and responsibilities requested by the Director of Operations.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain or related field
- 8-10 years management experience in Manufacturing with prior Plant Management experience preferably in a high mix, low volume business. Experience with rubber to metal bonding a plus
- This well rounded individual preferably would have worked in Operations, Engineering, Quality and Supply Chain functions.
- 3 plus years’ experience in budget management and P & L responsibility
- Demonstrated success with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, but be able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities
- Results-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations. Hands-on, proactive, take-charge style with a participative type management that advocates team concept.
- Strong background in lean manufacturing in injection molding or other similar manufacturing process.
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities
- Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills both written and verbal. Ability to interact with diverse personalities.
- Experience in leading a technical workforce and management team
- US Citizen or Permanent Residency required based on ITAR requirements
Competitive compensation and benefits package.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: