Environmental Health and Safety Engineer, Vibram, USA, North Easton, MA
A key focus of this position will be to establish, communicate and maintain a clear vision and execution plan to effectively drive EH&S excellence activities resulting in a culture which includes 100% regulatory compliance and zero accidents.
This is an interactive, hands on role for an experienced EH&S professional and not a technician level position. This position requires someone with practical industrial field experience as well as strong leadership and communications skills. This role provides direct support on a broad array of activities specific, and ensures employee/business compliance including Federal, State, business and corporate safety requirements as well as adherence to corporate policies and standards.
- Inspire employees to follow processes that achieve and maintain full compliance.
- Coordinate with Corporate and Organizational Leadership to develop short and long-term strategies to achieve a total compliance management system and demonstrate a strong commitment to EH&S excellence and a passion for occupational safety.
- Introduce and support best practices across organization to ensure continuous learning and improvement including safety on-boarding.
- Ensure that all required permits are up to date and procedures are in place to obtain and update as required.
- Manage activities related to EH&S compliance, reporting, regulatory permitting, hazardous waste handling, and waste reduction/recycling programs, and set up necessary EH&S systems to audit and modifies plans to continuously improve compliance and EH&S culture.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations associated with industrial hygiene hazards including maintenance of appropriate documentation, training programs and training records.
- Accountable for working directly with management to fully implement required elements of the EH&S Management System, ISO 9001 and other activities related to EH&S programs.
- Establish injury awareness and safe work behavior programs that aim to increase awareness of risks and bring attention to safe work practices.
- Lead and facilitate all incident investigations, root cause analyses and take immediate action on any required preventive measures. Maintain records and monitor trends related to employee work related injuries and illnesses and facilitate resolution of plant-wide safety issues.
- Review future/proposed regulations or corporate requirements, recommends path forward to site leadership, and implements appropriate program measures to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for signing off on safety aspects of capital projects and other changes to ensure concept, design, and installation meet site/Corporate and security requirements.
- Ensure that the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) process is incorporated and followed in the assignment of new work and projects.
- Ensure appropriate resources are in place and accountability clearly defined to establish and maintain operating and administrative procedures, audit compliance, and maintain a focus of continuous improvement and communications.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Occupational Safety, or related science is required.
- Minimum 8-10 years in a manufacturing or specialty chemicals environment with emphasis on chemical and material handling safety.
Job Type: Full-time
- Occupational health and safety: 5 years
To apply, contact:
Vibram USA, Inc.