CNC Optical Fabrication Technician, CeraNova, Marlborough, MA.
CeraNova is a small, privately held company in Marlborough, MA, specializing in the development, processing, and characterization of innovative, high technology ceramics. We strive for excellence, and our employees value integrity, respect, competitiveness and innovation.
We are looking for an Optical Fabrication Technician / Polisher with excellent work habits and strong skills to contribute to the development of innovative, advanced ceramic optical components. The position requires a self-motivated individual with precision optics experience to fabricate low volume, high precision ceramic optics. The successful candidate must have a professional work ethic and a desire to work in a small team environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Performing grinding and polishing on CNC equipment to produce precision optical surfaces on hard ceramic materials.
- Inspecting dimensions & tolerances using mathematical knowledge and instruments such as micrometers, sphereometers, interferometry, and surface profilometry.
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- Recording technical data and observations neatly and accurately in a notebook.
- Monitoring and maintaining supplies and equipment; communicating with equipment manufacturers and suppliers; overseeing equipment repair and maintenance needs.
- 3 years’ experience in optical fabrication/manufacturing; ceramics machining experience highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience setting up, operating, and maintaining CNC equipment.
- High School Diploma with proficient computer skills. Community College, Technical Certificate, or other higher education a plus.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and to multitask in a fast-paced team environment; attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
- Excellent observation and data recording skills with understanding of equipment, testing, and experimental procedures.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Highly desirable but not required: 1) Ability to develop, load, run CNC programs to perform grinding and polishing operations; 2) CNC Programming experience using MasterCAM X4/X5/X6; 3) Metrology experience.
DoD Contract Employment Restrictions and ITAR Regulations for US Citizenship apply.
We offer a competitive compensation/benefits package including health insurance, paid holidays, and vacation. This position will be filled by direct hire only.
No phone calls please. No recruiters, search firms, or temporary employment firms.
Please send resume to:
PO Box 278
Hopkinton, MA 01748