Process Improvement Coordinator, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA.
The Process Improvement (PI) Coordinator is responsible for driving improvement activities at Baystate Medical Center (BMC). This individual will lead, facilitate, manage, and support Improvement Teams in the improvement and redesign of processes utilizing various improvement methods and tools. Partnering with administrative leaders, physicians, and nurses, the Coordinator is responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing assessment of the process improvement program.
- Lead improvement projects using various process improvement and problem solving methods, including, but not limited to: A3 thinking (PDSA), FMEA, Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Standard Work, Takt time / Cycle Time analysis, and other tools to identify process gaps and facilitate improvement.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to teams, process owners, and individuals through the use of defined Tools and Techniques that will help realize the gains associated with process improvement.
- Lead and facilitate improvement area identification and opportunity analysis. Help ensure the identified areas will have direct impact on organizational and departmental measures and strategic objectives.
- Lead or assist in the development of sound models for identifying spread opportunities, communicating the realized gains of solutions implemented, mentoring identified champions of successful process change, and monitoring the adoption of proven solutions in other areas of the organization.
- Facilitate the improvement methodology through group huddles, steering team meetings, and the effective implementation of visual management tools, leadership standard work, and staff involvement on an ongoing basis successfully in the workplace.
- Develop effective working relationships with key organizational leaders, individuals, and work groups that allow you to become an integral team member of the areas you support.
- Develop and deliver training curriculum in various settings to increase colleagues’ capabilities to continuously improve their work daily and participate in process improvement in the workplace. Effectively deliver training material in the various settings, including classroom, workplace, and departmental meetings.
- Lead and mentor effective change in the organization, including coaching to an effective change model, identifying the need for behavioral change in yourself and others, and facilitating group dynamics and change.
- Maintain humility through a constant focus on personal improvement. Maintain a personal development plan, personal standard work, and contribute to organizational learning by being an effective team member.
Bachelors Degree in Business, Quality, Engineering, or other related functional area required. MBA or Masters in Engineering highly desirable, or equivalent industry training and experience.
Five+ years experience applying process improvement tools in a complex and dynamic environment.
Excellent analytics skills. Superb communication skills, both written and verbal. Demonstrated change agent, self-starter, and team player who possesses substantial interpersonal skills. Able to work independently and handle multiple priorities. Capable of leading change and challenging the status quo while working diplomatically to keep stakeholders engaged. Understands context of assignments and tasks and is able to be flexible and adapt to changing roles and priorities.
Competent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Strong understanding of data as it applies to process improvement.
Certification in Lean, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent industry training and experience a plus.
Apply online. Job is listed at Baystate Health Careers. Scroll down the list to the Process Improvement Coordinator listing. Or contact Tom Vega, Lean Coordinator, Division of Healthcare Quality, Baystate Health, Springfield, MA, (413) 794-4196.