Job Opening: Operations Manager, Manufacturing Production, Sterling, MA
Anderson Power Products is looking for an Operations Manager to oversee the following departments: manufacturing production, automation, and process engineering.
Exempt senior level position reporting to the President of APP. Operation Manager gives work direction to Production Shift Supervisors. Manages the day-to-day operational requirements in order to achieve daily production requirements. Oversees the process of bringing new products to production, mold repair, and directs the need for assembly fixtures to be built, tested and debugged. Oversees the development of all automated assembly for new and existing products, review new product designs for manufacturability, ensures timely delivery of molds and equipment, and perform make/buy analysis to ensure timely delivery at the economical cost.
Selected candidate will work closely with Logistics Manager, Production Planning Manager, and Tooling Manager to ensure inventory and tools are available to the production line to build the required product, utilizing the allotted materials and manpower, while holding the necessary tolerance and ensuring unit performance.
A catalyst for change with a solid and stable work history of reducing costs, improving productivity, streamlining operations, and contributing to a successful bottom-line performance is required. Plastics and injection molding type manufacturing background would be ideal.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Implementation of Lean manufacturing.
- Ensure daily and forecasting schedules for the construction and repair processes of molds and equipment are maintained to yield timely delivery.
- Review production and operating reports and resolve operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Ensure current machines and equipment are functioning in peak conditions at all times. Ensure manufacturing equipment is capable to support and compatible with current and future product development.
- Review and approve all subordinates; make recommendations for increases, promotions, and terminations including responsibility for ensuring performance evaluation reviews are processed on time for the department.
- Responsible for all capital programs associated with tooling, automation, and manufacturing engineering.
- Responsible for managing the following budgets: automation engineering and manufacturing engineering.
- Work with design engineering to develop the best designs that have manufacturability at the lowest costs.
- Lead DFMA portion of IPD process.
- Develop all necessary tooling and fixtures necessary to bring new products to a production ready status. This can be pilot production, manual assembly, semi-automatic assembly, or fully automated high volume.
- Implement SPC controls for manufacturing process as required.
- Ensure proper design, troubleshooting, and repair techniques to molds, tooling, and equipment are established and maintained.
- Ensure communication with other managers responsible for manpower loading of mold construction facility, repair facilities, automation, and manufacturing engineering, and packaging equipment.
- Responsible for the approval of supplies, materials, and outside services related to manufacturing production and facilities maintenance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise as necessary to implement and ensure proper maintenance of the MMRO data collection system to control the number of hours being expended on new molds and equipment.
- Establish, when necessary, a preventative maintenance program and ensure it is implemented at the lowest level possible.
- Assist in writing detailed specifications for all new equipment and molds.
- Manage maintenance and facility of both APP buildings and power plant to ensure safety and compliance with OSHA and other federal and state regulations as required.
- Participate as a member of the Safety Committee.
- Participate as a member of a project team and/or cross-functional team as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS in Mechanical or Manufacturing / Plastics (Process) Engineering with a background in mold building, troubleshooting, repairing, and plastic technology with 10 to 15 years experience in related fields.
- Knowledge and understanding of a manufacturing process with expertise in Lean manufacturing including previous implementation experience.
- Knowledge of computer systems: Internet, Windows, Office, CAD, PLC's, and CNC controllers.
- Experience in plastic mold design / plastic mold making and process engineering.
- Knowledge and understanding of material planning systems and shop floor control systems.
- Ability to use information to plan work loads and resources.
- Knowledge and understanding of documentation, procurement, inventory, and quality control processes.
- Ability to use and analyze information in order to establish priorities.
- Good communication skills and a professional appearance.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of ISO-9000.
- Knowledge of process engineering management; shop floor supervision; Lean manufacturing; manufacturing engineering management; continuous improvement planning; Visual Factory, kanbans, kaizens, six sigma, etc.
- Must have the knowledge to understand the OSHA and other federal and state regulations.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally 15-25%.
- Ability to work and interact with other departments.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Usual office working conditions.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, and move about the facility.
- Required to be able to read documents and computer screens.
- Working conditions include some dust, dirt, noise, and restricted workspaces, but not to the point of being objectionable.
*This job description is inclusive of management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities as necessary.*
For more information:
E-mail resume to email@example.com