Job Opening: Test Engineer, Springfield, MA
The Test Engineer will perform implementation duties relating to product and process support, work with new products and production to assure transfer into production, work with quality and production on continuous improvement programs, and keep all test equipment in 100% working condition in support of production requirements. This person will ensure compliance with the preventive maintenance schedule and arrange for preventive maintenance and equipment calibration to be performed. This position reports to the Acting Director of Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and implement digital, analog, & RF electronic product testing based on customer-supplied requirements.
- Troubleshoot test equipment.
- Design, document, and develop tools or fixtures as required to support customer needs.
- Develop test/manufacturing work instructions.
- Supply test data yield information to quality and customers, as required.
- Communicate, both written and verbal, with customers and associates.
- Interpret specifications, drawings, and engineering instructions.
- Travel to offsite production facilities, as required.
- Support sales department with test quotations, as required.
- Participate in designs and provide Design for Test input.
- Perform all other duties, as required.
- Must be a team player and highly motivated.
- Flexible and able to manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Able to multi-task with strong sense of urgency; able to meet deadlines.
- BS EE and strong technical background in analog/digital circuit test design, measurement methodologies and test equipment for module and system level testing.
- Past experience in project level management.
- 3+ years of experience on system integration and test to verify product and process compliance to specification during manufacturing.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and test processes and protocols for module and system assembly.
- Working knowledge of industry standards.
- Ability to diagnose/troubleshoot.
- Ability to interpret specifications and schematics.
- Effective training and communication skills.
- Familiar with ISO 9000/2000 and IPC-A-610 standards.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications.
For more information:
Anne Delgrego DeCillis
Human Resources Manager
OnCore Manufacturing Services
Tel: (413) 736-2121 x1421