Job Opening: Machinist, Littleton, MA
Diamond Antenna and Microwave Corporation is a technology design and manufacturing company. Our heritage product lines of microwave rotary couplers are used in radar and satellite communications antennas while the next generation in slip ring technology, the Roll Ring®, is used for transferring electrical power and signals in a variety of rotating applications. Both of these products are designed and produced at our facility in Littleton, Massachusetts.
We are seeking an experienced machinist to perform a full range of machinist assignments. Setting and operating lathes, milling machines, precision grinders, and other powered metal-working tools to machine parts to specified dimensions. Applicants should be know how to use precision measuring devices such as height gauges, micrometers, vernier calipers, and dial indicators to verify conformance of machinist pieces to specifications.
What You Will Do:
- Study specifications, blueprints, or damaged tools and machine parts to determine nature and dimension of parts to be fabricated.
- Select metallic and nonmetallic materials to be machined and measure, mark, or scribe dimensions and reference points on to stock preparatory to machining operations.
- Use mechanic's hand tools such as files, scrapes, mallets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and riveters to fit and assemble parts and assemblies.
- Operate machines and other mechanisms to observe operation and diagnose malfunctions or test repaired equipment.
- Develop specifications from general description of parts or assemblies to be fabricated, and draw or sketch device to be made.
- Design and construct jigs and special tools to facilitate the machining, assembly, or disassembly or parts and assemblies.
- Make estimates of time and materials required to complete an assignment.
What You Need to Apply:
- High School degree or equivalent
- Minimum two years of experience assisting a skilled machinist in a general machine shop
- Mill Power Software - May require G Code Program Training - CAMWorks software training
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the machining qualities, properties, and uses of various metals such as aluminum, brass, steel, cast iron, and stainless steel.
- Knowledge of Dip Braze Assemblies and Rotary Joints preferred.
- Skill in the operation of machine tools and the use of precision measuring devices. Knowledge of the methods, practices, tools, and equipment of the machinist trade. Ability to apply machinist craft techniques, processes, and principles.
- Ability to apply shop mathematics to practical problems such as computing dimensions, laying out work, and setting up machine tools. Ability to read and work from sketches, specifications, and blueprints.
What We Offer:
In addition to a company that has experienced astonishing market growth and is committed to your success, we offer the selected candidate the following:
- Competitive base salary plus bonus eligibility
- Benefit Plan eligibility on date of hire
- Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
- Vacation, Sick And Holiday Pay
- 401k w/company match
If you would like to join a great team of professionals with an awesome product then this job is for you! Diamond Antenna is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information:
Please visit our web site at www.diamondantenna.com.
Submit your resume & salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (978) 486-0079.