Job Opening: Production Director, Augusta, ME
Kenway Corporation is manufacturer of composite (fiberglass) products operating two divisions at its facility in Augusta, Maine. The "Industrial Division" fabricates and installs fiberglass pipe, elbows and flanges, duct, tanks, hoods, and other custom designed components for the Pulp & Paper, Power, Waste Water and Odor Control, and Chemical industries throughout North America, though largely focused on the East Coast. The "Marine Division" contract manufactures high volume fiberglass boat components for customers who then finish assemble and market these components. Manufacturing occurs during a day shift and a second shift, with additional shifts and/or hours scheduled when required to meet production requirements.
The company is hiring a new Production Director for our manufacturing operations. The position reports to the Vice President/General Manager.
- Production employee management, including hiring/firing, discipline, performance evaluations, for 60-70 composite technicians.
- Plans and allocates shop labor and production resources daily to satisfy scheduling requirements by scheduling customer jobs in order to fully utilize production capacity and meet delivery requirements to customer sites.
- Coordinates production supervision support required from Project Engineer(s) to ensure that each job is being manufactured within the appropriate design, quality, and budgetary requirements.
- On-the-floor management of personnel and workflow (approximately 75% of the day is spent on the production floor).
- Ensures that orders are completed on or ahead of schedule, within acceptable quality standards, and within the budgeted hours.
- Oversees raw material and supplies inventory (managed by a full-time Inventory Manager).
- Oversees shipment of finished product and materials for offsite installation.
- Oversees overall organization of production floor and operations.
- Collaborates with Quality/Safety Director on quality assurance improvements and corrective actions as well as ensuring a 100% accident-free workplace.
- Oversees full-time Training Coordinator on training of new employees, on-going training/development of existing employees.
- Responsible for maintenance of Property, Plant, and Equipment with full-time maintenance person.
- Collaborates with Human Resources Manager to recruit and hire production employees, working on an ongoing basis to raise the technical expertise of all production employees.
50-hour weeks to be expected. Whenever first shift production personnel are scheduled at the manufacturing facility, it is expected that the Production Director will be present, which may include extended first shift hours and/or weekend work.
College degree (or equivalent work experience) with five (5) years direct personnel management in the manufacturing or construction related fields. Background in
Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and/or custom manufacturing and construction management preferred.
Salary Position with Health Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance,
401(K) Plan with Employer Match, Paid Vacation and Holidays, and Dental Insurance.
For more information:
Submit resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org