Machine Design Engineer, Worcester, MA
The Machine Design Engineer reports to the Vice President Engineering.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Work from design ideas alone or with a team. Develop ideas from a conceptual sketch to layout drawings, to detail drawings, and to assembly drawings.
- Interface with outside vendors regarding the manufacture of standard and newly designed machine parts.
- Interface with suppliers regarding purchased components.
- Work with assembly floor on debugging new designs and modifications.
- Be willing and able to travel on occasion for troubleshooting new and old designs.
- Enter and work with computer systems to create bill of materials and parts documentation.
- Interface with Sales Department and customers on design specifications.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Five years experience in machine design
- Five years experience in a machine shop environment
Skills and Abilities
- Strong drafting ability
- Background in hydraulic and pneumatic piping
- Knowledge of elementary ladder logic
- Knowledge of programmable controllers for machine control circuits
- Proficient in the use of AutoCad 2000
For more information: