Job Opening: Master Scheduler, Springfield, MA
The Master Scheduler at Nu Visions Manufacturing is responsible for managing a closed-loop master scheduling process that balances customer demand with materials supply and manufacturing capacity, in accordance with Class A ERP best practices. Reports to VP Supply Chain & Materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the master schedule, including loading of customer forecast and orders.
- Enforce adherence to the closed-loop master scheduling process by all business unit (customer) teams. Ensure customer demand is obtained to cover full lead time. Oversee What-If process and check for signoffs before loading demand. Identify, negotiate, and bring to resolution any demand-supply imbalances. Chair the Weekly Schedule Review meeting. Update the schedule to reflect the best-can-do commitment and ensure it is communicated back to the customer. Ensure customer orders do not go past due.
- Work with Production Control to coordinate the scheduling of shop orders in support of the master schedule. Ensure shop orders do not go past due.
- Plan manufacturing capacity. Work with Engineering to ensure capacity parameters are maintained. Manage the master schedule to optimize the use of available manufacturing capacity. Forecast future capacity requirements. Manage offloads between facilities as required to balance capacity company-wide.
- Develop the monthly Operations Plan based on input from business unit tams, materials, and operations. Contribute to the monthly Sales and Operations Planning process.
- Manage customer supply chain programs such as kanban and safety stock.
- Manage planning parameters such as manufacturing lead time and lot size.
- Track master scheduling performance metrics, analyze root cause and drive improvement to attain Class A ERP levels.
- Solid understanding of and commitment to best practices in materials management including Class A ERP. Thorough understanding of MRP systems. APICS CPIM strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational, administrative, decision-making, and leadership abilities.
- Process-focused. Skilled in process design, problem-solving, and conflict resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills & the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and with customers.
- Fast learner, self motivated, methodical, disciplined, organized, analytical, productive, helpful, fair, able to handle high-pressure deadline situations effectively.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent plus 5 years experience in planning, scheduling, and inventory/production.
For more information:
Human Resource Manager
Nu Visions Manufacturing, LLC
225 Carando Drive
Springfield, MA 01104