Job Opening: Production Supervisor, Housatonic, MA
Country Curtains®, a successful multi-channel family and employee owned retailer in the heart of the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts, is currently looking for a detail-oriented Production Supervisor for its manufacturing operations in Housatonic, MA.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Production Supervisor will meet production and efficiency goals and ensure compliance with company policies. It is the Production Supervisor’s responsibility to address problems on the production floor, maintain a clean, safe work environment, and keep upper management informed of all issues.
This position will oversee all aspects of production at our Housatonic facility. The Production Supervisor will work with department supervisors. Through analyzing and interpreting daily reports, this position will work with supervisors to arrange the production floors to maximize productivity as needed and schedule work flows. This position is responsible for keeping management informed about production issues. Working with inventory control personnel, this position will ensure and maintain that inventories are neat, organized, and properly accounted for.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
- Five or more years supervisory experience with cutting and sewing operations, preferably in a curtain, drapery, or bedding manufacturing facility
- Technical courses in manufacturing, inventory, and operations preferred
- Must be able to work well with others in a diverse environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including expertise in Excel and Access
- The ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred, but not required
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form
- Detailed-oriented with attention to accuracy in a high paced environment
- Must be able to stand for the majority of the day and be able to lift/move up to 25 lbs.
For more information:
E-mail resume and cover letter to:
Catie Burke, Controller
Housatonic Curtain Company
Fax: (413) 274-6589