Job Opening: Melt Department, Waukesha, WI
The position in the Melt Department at J&L Fiber Services will place the molds onto pouring trays and prepare them for pouring; prepare a furnace for melting, charge the furnace and melt the metal; and prepare a ladle for pouring of metal and pour off creating castings.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Set-up molds for preparation on the Tru-Flo.
- Shift weights and push/place pallets.
- Calculation of charge material and total weight.
- Coordinate mold movement into cooling area.
- Sinter, repair and reline furnace.
- Repair and reline ladles.
- Perform furnace and ladle slagout.
- Charge and operate furnace.
- Pour molten metal into molds.
- Operate forktruck.
- Report quality related problems to teammates.
- Report safety related issues as encountered.
- Perform general housekeeping duties.
- Provide customer and supplier feedback.
- Work on planning production requirements (i.e., materials, time) to ensure the most effective methods are utilized.
- Versatility to assist other skill area processes as needed.
- Other duties as requested.
- Ability to lift 40 to 60 pounds frequently.
- Ability to push or pull heavy loads with the aid of a wheeled cart.
- Withstand exposure to noise and extreme heat.
- 8th Grade basic skill proficiency in Reading, Math, and Language.
- Must be trainable
- Desire to work within a team environment.
- Minimum score of 17+ on Wonderlic.
For more information, contact:
J&L Fiber Services
Phone: (262) 547-6886 x3222