Job Posting: Continuous Improvement/Lean Process Manager, Thermo Electron
Kristen Farrington SPHR,
Human Resources Manager
Thermo Electron Corporation
Water Analysis Business Unit
Position Summary: Continuous Improvement /Lean Process Manager to develop, train, and implement standardized Lean/JIT/DFT and lead training and implementation of the corporate Continuous Improvement program (PPI - Practical Process Improvement). Must have 5+ years Lean/Kaizan/Kanban experience and extensive knowledge of quality theory, methodologies, and tools. Ability to implement and train others in Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, JIT, DFT, Single Piece Flow, 5S, Visual Management, SPC, Six Sigma, and statistical problem solving. Be willing to travel as required.
- Lead role in implementing lean strategies at all sites within the business unit such as demand flow techniques, kanban, JIT, statistical process control, 5S, Visual Management, and Six Sigma.
- Providing guidance and leadership to management team in identifying and implementing continuous improvement tools/methods (Lean, DFT, SPC, etc.) in support of Business Unit objectives.
- Continuous Improvement Trainer for the corporate Continuous Improvement program 'Practical Process Improvement (PPI).' Serves as an instructor conducting and coordinating training, scheduling classes, monitoring attendance.
- PPI Program Manager - responsible for monitoring PPI Project Teams, providing report outs, status updates, and project successes and cost savings.
- Works closely with BU Management, Division PPI Manager, PPI Process Champions and Facilitators to remove obstacles and break down barriers to advance PPI and within the company.
- Utilizes company key metrics to drive operational excellance within the business unit.
- Implements quality tools and controls including SPC and six sigma.
- Position reports to the Business Unit General Manager.
- BS in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations or Material Management.
- Minimum 5 years leading lean initiatives including implementing demand flow techniques, JIT, statistical process control,
- Experience training others in lean techniques and methodologies, continuous improvement, quality tools.
- Must have solid statistical background and would be able to implement SPC and other quality controls.
- Strong computer and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization and have a passion for continuous improvement.
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.