MassMEP, Manufacturing Advancement Center, Director of Operations
|Jack Healy –
The voice of manufacturing in Massachusetts
John (Jack) Healy is the "voice of manufacturing" in Massachusetts. He has a wealth of operations and management experience and has been an advocate for small and medium size manufacturers since his early days at LEGO and Beech-Nut. Working with private, public, and government organizations, Jack's focus is on strengthening the manufacturing sector through advances in workforce, education, and policy development.
Jack is founding Director of Operations for the Massachusetts Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MassMEP) and the Manufacturing Advancement Center (MAC). Since their inception in 1999, MassMEP and the MAC have helped small and medium-size manufacturers identify and implement growth opportunities through advanced manufacturing and management practices.
Prior to MassMEP, Jack was Managing Partner with the Wellesley Group. There he helped manufacturers manage change in an increasingly complex, globally competitive environment.
Jack also served as President of Presmet Corp. During his tenure, he repositioned the manufacturer of powdered metal components into a premiere supplier of high quality, precision-made parts. Presmet was recognized by the automotive industry with 17 quality certifications including Ford's Q1 Award and Chrysler's Penta Star Award as well as XEROX Corporations' "World Wide Supplier of Excellence."
At LEGO Systems, Jack served as Senior Vice President. He started as cofounder for the U.S. Division of this world-class toy company where he established and operated LEGO's U.S. based manufacturing operations.
|The LEGO years. From left to right, Ella Grasso, Former Governor of Connecticut; Frank Mancusso, Former Mayor of Enfield, CT; and Jack Healy, Sr. VP at LEGO Systems
Prior to Lego, Jack held a number of positions at Squibb-Beech-Nut Inc., starting as a sales representative and rising to Vice President of Sales of several operating divisions.
Jack is an active advisor throughout the industry. He currently serves on the following boards:
- Board of Directors, Providence and Worcester Railroad Company
- Board of Trustees, Seven Hills Foundation
- Board Member, Massachusetts Workforce Investment Board
- Advisory Board Member, National Council for Advanced Manufacturing, Washington D.C.
- Advisory Board Member, Department Mechanical Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Board Member, Associated Industries International Business Council
- Board Member, Massachusetts Clean Energy Advisory Council
- Board Member, Massachusetts Workforce Competitive Trust Fund
- Board Member, Advanced Manufacturing Collaborative Executive Committee
Under Jack's leadership, the MassMEP has received numerous awards, including:
- 2011 Workforce Training Partnership of the Year Award - Workforce Solutions Group
- 2011 John Gould Education & Workforce Development Award - Associated Industries of Massachusetts
- 2010 Training Provider of the Year Award - Workforce Solutions Group
- 2010 Group Innovator of the Year – NIST MEP
- 2010 Business Leader of the Year – Worcester Business Journal
- 2005 Eli Whitney Award for Yankee Ingenuity – Central Massachusetts Regional Employment Board